Why not? We’ve had pop up weddings with about 16 guests and half that as bridal party. There are not rules really. If having all your closest friends and family as part of your bridal party, make it happen.[Read more…] about Can I have a big wedding party at my pop up wedding?
We don’t really know how long social distancing will be in effect.
Right now gatherings are still limited to 5 people, but that will not be in effect indefinitely.
City hall is currently not issuing wedding licenses, but once they begin reissuing licenses (even if group sizes are limited to 5), you can still do an elopement with officiant, the couple and 2 witnesses.
This size of wedding ceremony is far from a popular idea. But, there are some instances where it might make sense. For example, let’s say you had a wedding planned, guests invitations sent, hall booked, vendors and catering all set.
And now this. You could still get legally married with a super small pop up wedding. And have the party, the reception, in six months, twelve months. Most if not all vendors I’m sure will be willing to work with you.
A small pop up wedding – even the pop up wedding chapels we can still use social distancing if that becomes necessary since the venues (northern water sports and Fielding Park) have plenty of space for social distancing since the pop up weddings are for small groups.
We can also come to your home and do a small pop up wedding, or packages for a small pop up wedding in our studio.
There are options. Ways around this without breaking too many rules or putting anyone in harms way.
And still honoring the marriage vows with a legal wedding ceremony.
We see children at most weddings we’ve photographed. They’re cute, fun, adorable and run around like a bunch of crazy people.[Read more…] about What about children at pop up wedding?
I’ve said this many times about pop up weddings. Imagine a regular full sized wedding, hundreds of guests, all the frills, fanfare and pageantry….
And simply compress it down to a mini-version of the same.[Read more…] about Should I wear a wedding gown at my pop up wedding?
There was a time when just about everyone got married at the local church. And then new trends started where different locations became trendy and cool.
This includes resorts, both locally and far away destinations, at home, the cottage, reception halls, local parks, on and on.
We’ve even officiated a wedding on a trail in the bush. Anything can work.
Here’s just a few samples from weddings we’ve participated in. Click on the image to access the website for more information.
I was chatting with Tina and our daughter Danielle this morning. We got on the topic of why Pop Up Weddings are so popular.
After a few minutes, we came up with five key reasons. These answers come from experience, what we’ve heard, noticed and what many couples have told us.
Here they are:
- REASON NUMBER 1- Stress free. I posted about this in this post.
Who wants their wedding to be a stress filled event? No one really. Hence, a pop up wedding.
- REASON NUMBER 2- Photography is included. Everyone wants high quality wedding photographs, and the digital files. Hiring your cousin who bought a new camera from Costco doesn’t cut it anymore. Who needs sketchy images and the stress of worrying about whether they will do a good job capturing your wedding day memories?
- REASON NUMBER 3- All in one, done for you, plug and play turnkey. This ties in to why pop up weddings are stress free. It’s a complete package. All the bride and groom needs to do is consult with Tina on creating the wedding vows, planning the details, photography and such and other details that needs organizing. One stop is all you need!
- REASON NUMBER 4- Brides have thanked us for now having an excuse to have a smaller wedding. The stress of organizing a large guest list is gone. You’re off the hook. Many brides and grooms still want a larger celebration, and that’s ok. But for those who want to keep it small and stress free, a pop up wedding is darn near perfect!
- REASON NUMBER 5- You save a ton of money. This one is popular with many and is fairly obvious. We hear it all the time. Couples who would rather have a pop up wedding also want to put their money in other areas that they value…a home, a trip or two or simply hold onto the money for later use. The savings are crazy.
There are more reasons, but these are the main reasons.
We always sit and consult with our couples about the details on their wedding day.
This applies on all weddings…. either for a regular wedding or pop up wedding. Same rules apply. You need to be organized and ready. In case.
I’ve always tongue in cheek said: “If you plan for rain, it won’t rain. If you don’t, it will. Be prepared.”[Read more…] about What if it rains on my pop up wedding day?
I’ve been all over the north photographing weddings. Some of the best and most memorable locations were at lodges…from Lake Huron, to the French River and Lake Lauzon and beyond….which means I’ve only been to a very, very small percentage of the lodges in Northern Ontario.[Read more…] about Pop Up wedding at lodges in Northern Ontario…
The main question I get asked is what’s a pop up wedding? The second most popular question asked is: “Is this something we can do in our backyard?”[Read more…] about “A pop up wedding…is this something we can do in our backyard?”
For those who don’t want your standard Pop Up wedding, want to keep it small, legal, no-fuss, great photography and elegant. All in one neat little package.
Here’s how it works. Our studio at 251 Hazel St is the ideal location for a small ten person pop up wedding.
- A pop up wedding with elegance and flair for up to ten people and up to one hour.
- Legal wedding officiant Tina Provencher with consultations and access to her wedding officiant site to design your ceremony
- Wedding photography of ceremony and in studio formals by Robert Provencher from Westmount Photography. High res files and social media included (no studio branding on these images. The copyright is yours.)
- Decor, chairs and covers all set up and ready to go.
- The studio will be decorated and ready to go.
- Cost is only $997.00 + tx
Email the studio email@example.com for inquiries, questions and bookings.
Rob and Tina Provencher